Web Posting Of My Being Jumped

Published: May 14, 2012
Dear TeenHealthFX,


A couple of months ago a close friend of mine jumped me.  There was a video of it posted on you tube & myspace.com.  I was so embarrassed and hurt.  I thought she was my friend.  When she hit me she broke my nose and a couple of bones in my face. Her friends have made threats to me so every time that I’ve seen her or her friends I get really scared. I would like to switch schools but I don’t know if that’s the best choice.  What should I do?

Signed: Web Posting Of My Being Jumped

Dear Web Posting Of My Being Jumped,


TeenHealthFX is very disturbed about what happened here. That someone who was a close friend of yours would jump you, cause you physical harm, and display this violent act for all to see on the web. Unfortunately you are not the first person to have this happen to them – and it is easy for the victims in these situations to feel embarrassed, hurt, and angry about what has happened to them.


FX is unsure about whether you’ve told any adults about what has happened to you. It is important that your parents and the school administrative staff (like the principal) know that this happened and that threats continue to be made. Both your parents and the school have responsibilities to keep you in a safe environment – and right now everyone needs to work together to make sure this never happens again, that the current threats of violence are stopped, that this girl faces consequences for what she did, and that you receive any needed counseling to help you to deal with this terrible and traumatic incident. It is also important that you, your parents and the school discuss involving the police since, by assaulting you, this girl committed a crime.


FX understands how difficult it may feel to deal with this – but we definitely hope that you continue to be strong and to stand for your rights.


If you live in northern New Jersey and need help finding a therapist you can call the Access Center from Atlantic Behavioral Health at 888-247-1400. Outside of this area you can log onto the US Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website for referrals in your area.


You can also contact the following hotlines for help or more information:

  • Crime Victim Hotline, 1-800-242-0804, 24 hours, 7 days a week. Help if you have been a victim of a crime.
  • Youth Crisis Hotline, 1-800-448-4663, 24 hours, 7 days a week. For youths, 17 years of age or younger who are in crisis


Signed: TeenHealthFX