How Do I Build Self-Esteem?
TeenHealthFX understands how hard it can be to feel bad about yourself. Self-esteem and self-love are very important, and we are glad you are asking for help! Building self-esteem does not happen over night and may be challenging at first however in the end will be totally worth it!
Here are some tips to help build your self-esteem:
- Challenge negative self-talk. If your brain tells you something negative about yourself, challenge yourself come up with 2 things you like about yourself.
- Be with people who treat you well. It is important to be friends with people who are kind and nice to you. Avoid people who don’t have anything nice to say.
- Accept yourself. No one is perfect and comparison is the thief of joy.
- Embrace your uniqueness. There is no one in the world like you. Be proud of who you are.
- Say thank you when someone compliments you. We know this may be awkward, but if you practice saying thank you instead of thinking they are lying eventually your brain will catch on.
- Help build others self-esteem. Encourage and be uplifting to friends. By helping others feel good about themselves, it can result in you building your own self-esteem in the process.
We hope this helps!