Can a 13 Year Old Get Skin Problems From a Tattoo?
Skin irritation and problems can result from tattoos, and may include:
1. Allergic Reactions to tattoo ink
- Symptoms include: itching, bumps, rashes, etc.
- Common in red tattoo pigment
- May result from use of contaminated tools
3. Flare Up
- If you currently suffer from eczema or psoriasis, tattoos can create a flare up in either of these conditions.
You did not describe the skin problem that you are currently experiencing. However, if this irritation continues and/or worsens, TeenHealthFX suggets scheduling an appointment with your doctor. If you don't have a doctor and live in northern New Jersey, you can call the Adolescent/Young Adult Center for Health at 973-971-5199 for an appointment with an adolescent medicine specialist or contact your local teen health center. You can also contact your insurance company for a list of in-network providers.
TeenHealthFX suggets browsing the following resources for additional information: