- Join a gym, especially one that might have special exercise classes of interest.
- Join clubs or classes after school that have physical exercise incorporated.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Get a friend to be your exercise partner.
- Try seasonal activities like raking leaves in the fall or shoveling snow in the winter.
- If you have a dog, take him or her for long walks – it’s great exercise for both of you.
- Help out with household chores. Believe it or not, doing the laundry, vacuuming and sweeping can be a workout.
- Whatever you choose – remember to pick an activity you have a good time doing. Exercise can be fun!