Quitting Vaping & Smoking Websites
The links below will connect you to other sources of information that you can use. The organizations referenced below are not in anyway associated with Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center, Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Chilton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, or Newton Medical Center. Their inclusion below does not imply recommendation or endorsement of their services or the information they provide.
If you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency hotline or if you live in Northern New Jersey, please call the Atlantic Health System’s 24-hour Crisis Hotline at 973-540-0100. If you need emergency medical assistance, please call 911.
- QuitStart App : helps you create your own Quit Kit
- DipfreeTXT: Tool used to quit smokeless tobacco
- Get Ready To Quit : set yourself up for success in quitting
- Practice Quit: Tool used for smokers who want to quit.
- Daily Challenges: Text GO to 47848
- LiveHelp: Chat online with a trained National Cancer Institute specialist.
Smokefreeteen also provides the following educational resources for teenagers:
- Vaping addiction and tobacco withdrawal
- Handling Hard Times
- Your Social Life
- Anxiety, Stress, and Vaping
Quitlines are also available:
877-44U-QUIT (877-448-7848): Call this number to connect directly to your state's Quitline.
800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669): Connect with a trained National Cancer Institute counselor who can provide helpful information for quitting smoking. Counselors are available Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-9:00PM, Eastern time. Services are provided in both English and Spanish.